AMSTERDAM TO BASEL
Rhine and Mosel Rivers
September 5 – 20, 2018
16 days | 19 visits | 13 excursions
Full Day Excursions with Lunch
Trier, Germany’s oldest city • Black Forest • Alsace region of France • Swiss Alps
in the Mosel River, one of the worlds prettiest rivers,
the grape harvest and wine festivals in the intimate villages along the Mosel.
the Castles along the Rhine.
in Black Forest Cake in an outdoor museum.
the Swiss Alps by cog railroad with lunch at the top.
your experience on the Swiss Glacier Express.
Why do we encourage you to reserve now?
Save $1,000 per guest – ENDS Feb 28How does it work?
YOUR 16-DAY JOURNEY
Save $1,000 per guest – ENDS Feb 28
- The Best value in River Cruising.- add up all the extras found elsewhere and our value is incomparable. Our per day costs are lower than any other
- Private car home pick up service – Your journey begins and ends at your door.
- Round trip air fare from Toronto. Air gateways available across Canada
- Services of professional Journey Managers in addition to your local guides and ship staff
- Truly all inclusive – The fare you see includes everything.
The Da Vinci – Our two dec River boat offers huge advantages over larger, taller three deck boats.
- Our Sun Deck is never closed. The Da Vinci glides under all bridges.
- 360° views, all day, every day. You experience all the scenery, not half.
- High water won’t turn your cruise into a coach tour.
- Low water rarely interrupts your experience
- Our unique 360° experience – Only with Jerry Van Dyke!
- Only 90 guests on a 113 guest ship. Divine!
- 100% non smoking, including the Sun Deck and entryways
- Longer journeys so you rarely cruise at night. Do you go to Europe to see it, or sleep through it?
- Enjoy a leisurely combination of beautiful cruising and enchanting shore visits each day.
- All Shore excursions – intimate discoveries
- Overnight in lovely villages each evening.
- All commentary in English
- No formal nights
- Bottled water in your cabin daily
- All gratuities to ship’s staff, local guides, coach drivers, porters, Journey Managers, attraction guides.
- All admissions while on tour
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Our famous little surprises!
- Fares in Canadian funds
- All taxes, (even the HST and VAT) port charges
- World class European cuisine in an intimate, open seating dining room
- Wines of the region, beer, soft drinks and juices with dinner
- All meals daily while on board and while on shore excursion
- Meals while on excursions as mentioned in itinerary
- 24 hour cappuccino, hot chocolate, coffee, tea and ice machine
- Coffee and tea service morning and afternoon in the lounge
Experience, Learn and Discover on intimate excursions
- 13 shore excursions
- Local guides leading small groups, for the local experience
- Düsseldorf – King of German fashion
- Cologne – steeped in history
- Königswinter – Cog railway to the Drachenfels
- Rüdesheim – Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum
- Cochem – free time to explore
- Bernkastel wine tasting in a private vineyard
- Full day – Trier-Germany’s oldest city
- Zell – free time to explore this ancient village
- Andernach – Strolling the beautiful waterfront at your leisure
- Koblenz – evening walking tour
- Heidelberg – castle tour, funicular and a surprise
- Strasbourg – walking tour of the Old town with dear friends
- Full day – French Alsatian wine region with Riquewihr and lunch in a wine cellar
- Full day – Black Forest with Vogtsbauernhof museum and lunch in family owned inn
- Lucerne – an afternoon of wandering
- Basel – Arrival day free to relax. Walking tour
- Full day – Swiss Alps – railroad adventure to Kleine Scheidegg and unique Swiss Hiking Lunch