AMSTERDAM TO BASEL
September 5 – September 20, 2018 (September 6 – September 21, 2017 – Almost Sold Out!)
Few European River cruises compare with the Rhine and Mosel Rivers. The mighty Rhine River meanders through four countries. The Mosel River resembles that country back road drive you love, begging to be discovered.
16 Days is the perfect amount of time to enjoy all the best these two rivers offer. Enjoy full day excursions into the heart of the Black Forest in Germany, Alsace, the province that gave birth to French wines and the heart of the Swiss Alps.
September is the best time on these rivers with the vineyards and harvest parties in the small villages a true delight. A relaxed pace combined with incredible scenic cruising and plenty of time onshore, create the perfect Rhine and Mosel River experience.
Why do we encourage you to reserve now?
Reserve early and save 5% with our NEW Early Reservation Bonus
Early Reservation Bonus expires January 31, 2018How does it work?
YOUR 16-DAY JOURNEY
- The Best value in River Cruising.- add up all the extras found elsewhere and our value is incomparable. Our per day costs are lower than any other
- Private car home pick up service – Your journey begins and ends at your door.
- Round trip air fare from Toronto. Air gateways available across Canada
- Services of professional Journey Managers in addition to your local guides and ship staff
- Truly all inclusive – The fare you see includes everything.
The Da Vinci – Our two dec River boat offers huge advantages over larger, taller three deck boats.
- Our Sun Deck is never closed. The Da Vinci glides under all bridges.
- 360° views, all day, every day. You experience all the scenery, not half.
- High water won’t turn your cruise into a coach tour.
- Low water rarely interrupts your experience
- Our unique 360° experience – Only with Jerry Van Dyke!
- Only 90 guests on a 113 guest ship. Divine!
- 100% non smoking, including the Sun Deck and entryways
- Longer journeys so you rarely cruise at night. Do you go to Europe to see it, or sleep through it?
- Enjoy a leisurely combination of beautiful cruising and enchanting shore visits each day.
- All Shore excursions – intimate discoveries
- Overnight in lovely villages each evening.
- All commentary in English
- No formal nights
- Bottled water in your cabin daily
- All gratuities to ship’s staff, local guides, coach drivers, porters, Journey Managers, attraction guides.
- All admissions while on tour
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Our famous little surprises!
- Fares in Canadian funds
- All taxes, (even the HST and VAT) port charges
- World class European cuisine in an intimate, open seating dining room
- Wines of the region, beer, soft drinks and juices with dinner
- All meals daily while on board and while on shore excursion
- Meals while on excursions as mentioned in itinerary
- 24 hour cappuccino, hot chocolate, coffee, tea and ice machine
- Coffee and tea service morning and afternoon in the lounge
Experience, Learn and Discover on intimate excursions
- 13 shore excursions
- Local guides leading small groups, for the local experience
- Düsseldorf – King of German fashion
- Cologne – steeped in history
- Königswinter – Cog railway to the Drachenfels
- Rüdesheim – Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum
- Cochem – free time to explore
- Bernkastel wine tasting in a private vineyard
- Full day – Trier-Germany’s oldest city
- Zell – free time to explore this ancient village
- Andernach – Strolling the beautiful waterfront at your leisure
- Koblenz – evening walking tour
- Heidelberg – castle tour, funicular and a surprise
- Strasbourg – walking tour of the Old town with dear friends
- Full day – French Alsatian wine region with Riquewihr and lunch in a wine cellar
- Full day – Black Forest with Vogtsbauernhof museum and lunch in family owned inn
- Lucerne – an afternoon of wandering
- Basel – Arrival day free to relax. Walking tour
- Full day – Swiss Alps – railroad adventure to Kleine Scheidegg and unique Swiss Hiking Lunch