BASEL TO AMSTERDAM
September 19 – October 4, 2018 (September 20 – October 5, 2017 – Almost Sold Out!)
September 15 – October 4, 2018 with our Steam Train adventure in Weggis, Zermatt and the Furka Pass. (Pre-Journey ADD-ON extension from September 16 – October 5, 2017 – Almost Sold Out!)
The Rhine and Mosel River cruise is the perfect blend of time spent cruising during the day; enjoying the views from the sun deck, as well as time spent exploring cities, towns and villages along the way.
Enjoy a full day in Amsterdam, the ‘Dutch’ capital city and more free time in Basel
YOUR 16-DAY JOURNEY
- The Best value in River Cruising.- add up all the extras found elsewhere and our value is incomparable. Our per day costs are lower than any other
- Private car home pick up service – Your journey begins and ends at your door.
- Round trip air fare from Toronto. Air gateways available across Canada
- Services of professional Journey Managers in addition to your local guides and ship staff
- Truly all inclusive – The fare you see includes everything.
The Da Vinci – Our two dec River boat offers huge advantages over larger, taller three deck boats.
- Our Sun Deck is never closed. The Da Vinci glides under all bridges.
- 360° views, all day, every day. You experience all the scenery, not half.
- High water won’t turn your cruise into a coach tour.
- Low water rarely interrupts your experience
- Our unique 360° experience – Only with Jerry Van Dyke!
- Only 90 guests on a 113 guest ship. Divine!
- 100% non smoking, including the Sun Deck and entryways
- Longer journeys so you rarely cruise at night. Do you go to Europe to see it, or sleep through it?
- Enjoy a leisurely combination of beautiful cruising and enchanting shore visits each day.
- All Shore excursions – intimate discoveries
- Overnight in lovely villages each evening.
- All commentary in English
- No formal nights
- Bottled water in your cabin daily
- All gratuities to ship’s staff, local guides, coach drivers, porters, Journey Managers, attraction guides.
- All admissions while on tour
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Our famous little surprises!
- Fares in Canadian funds
- All taxes, (even the HST and VAT) port charges
- World class European cuisine in an intimate, open seating dining room
- Wines of the region, beer, soft drinks and juices with dinner
- All meals daily while on board and while on shore excursion
- Meals while on excursions as mentioned in itinerary
- 24 hour cappuccino, hot chocolate, coffee, tea and ice machine
- Coffee and tea service morning and afternoon in the lounge
Experience, Learn and Discover on intimate excursions
- 13 shore excursions
- Local guides leading small groups, for the local experience
- Basel – Arrival day free to relax. Walking tour
- Lucerne – an afternoon of wandering
- Full day – Swiss Alps – railroad adventure to Kleine Scheidegg and unique Swiss Hiking Lunch
- Full day – French Alsatian wine region with Riquewihr and lunch in a wine cellar
- Full day – Black Forest with Vogtsbauernhof museum and lunch in family owned inn
- Breisach – evening stroll to the Hilll top Cathedral
- Strasbourg – walking tour of the Old town with dear friends
- Heidelberg – castle tour, funicular and a surprise
- Speyer – Casual evening walk to view this intimate town
- Rüdesheim – Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument
- Koblenz – evening walking tour
- Cochem – free time to explore
- Bernkastel wine tasting in a private vineyard
- Full day – Trier-Germany’s oldest city
- Zell – free time to explore this ancient village
- Andernach – Strolling the beautiful waterfront at your leisure
- Königswinter – Cog railway to the Drachenfels
- Cologne – steeped in history
- Düsseldorf – King of German fashion
- Amsterdam canal cruise
- Amsterdam – free afternoon to explore