BASEL TO AMSTERDAM
September 19 – October 4, 2018
September 15 – October 4, 2018 with our Steam Train adventure in Weggis, Zermatt and the Furka Pass.
Almost identical to the Amsterdam to Basel river cruise, Basel to Amsterdam shares many of the same highlights of the Rhine and Mosel Rivers. This time of the year typically has us in the middle of wine country during the harvest and is a delight for those who enjoy the flavors of the areas you travel through.
As previously mentioned on page 40, the Rhine and Mosel River cruise is the perfect blend of time spent cruising during the day; enjoying the views from the sun deck, as well as time spent exploring cities, towns and villages along the way.
Whereas the Amsterdam to Basel cruise does not spend time in Amsterdam, this journey provides a full day to enjoy the Dutch capital city. You have more free time in Basel and have three full days to explore the Swiss Alps, Alsace in France and the legendary Black Forest in Germany all at the beginning of your journey.
Why do we encourage you to reserve now?
Reserve early and save 5% with our NEW Early Reservation Bonus
Early Reservation Bonus expires January 31, 2018How does it work?
YOUR 16-DAY JOURNEY
*Deduct $1,000 per guest, pay 95% by cash, cheque or bank payment within 7 days of your reservation. This promotion expires January 31, 2018.
- The Best value in River Cruising.- add up all the extras found elsewhere and our value is incomparable. Our per day costs are lower than any other
- Private car home pick up service – Your journey begins and ends at your door.
- Round trip air fare from Toronto. Air gateways available across Canada
- Services of professional Journey Managers in addition to your local guides and ship staff
- Truly all inclusive – The fare you see includes everything.
The Da Vinci – Our two dec River boat offers huge advantages over larger, taller three deck boats.
- Our Sun Deck is never closed. The Da Vinci glides under all bridges.
- 360° views, all day, every day. You experience all the scenery, not half.
- High water won’t turn your cruise into a coach tour.
- Low water rarely interrupts your experience
- Our unique 360° experience – Only with Jerry Van Dyke!
- Only 90 guests on a 113 guest ship. Divine!
- 100% non smoking, including the Sun Deck and entryways
- Longer journeys so you rarely cruise at night. Do you go to Europe to see it, or sleep through it?
- Enjoy a leisurely combination of beautiful cruising and enchanting shore visits each day.
- All Shore excursions – intimate discoveries
- Overnight in lovely villages each evening.
- All commentary in English
- No formal nights
- Bottled water in your cabin daily
- All gratuities to ship’s staff, local guides, coach drivers, porters, Journey Managers, attraction guides.
- All admissions while on tour
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Our famous little surprises!
- Fares in Canadian funds
- All taxes, (even the HST and VAT) port charges
- World class European cuisine in an intimate, open seating dining room
- Wines of the region, beer, soft drinks and juices with dinner
- All meals daily while on board and while on shore excursion
- Meals while on excursions as mentioned in itinerary
- 24 hour cappuccino, hot chocolate, coffee, tea and ice machine
- Coffee and tea service morning and afternoon in the lounge
Experience, Learn and Discover on intimate excursions
- 13 shore excursions
- Local guides leading small groups, for the local experience
- Basel – Arrival day free to relax. Walking tour
- Lucerne – an afternoon of wandering
- Full day – Swiss Alps – railroad adventure to Kleine Scheidegg and unique Swiss Hiking Lunch
- Full day – French Alsatian wine region with Riquewihr and lunch in a wine cellar
- Full day – Black Forest with Vogtsbauernhof museum and lunch in family owned inn
- Breisach – evening stroll to the Hilll top Cathedral
- Strasbourg – walking tour of the Old town with dear friends
- Heidelberg – castle tour, funicular and a surprise
- Speyer – Casual evening walk to view this intimate town
- Rüdesheim – Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument
- Koblenz – evening walking tour
- Cochem – free time to explore
- Bernkastel wine tasting in a private vineyard
- Full day – Trier-Germany’s oldest city
- Zell – free time to explore this ancient village
- Andernach – Strolling the beautiful waterfront at your leisure
- Königswinter – Cog railway to the Drachenfels
- Cologne – steeped in history
- Düsseldorf – King of German fashion
- Amsterdam canal cruise
- Amsterdam – free afternoon to explore