Discover, Learn & Experience on private tours and shore excursions
- Lisbon – city tour and coach museum
- Estoril - land of Royal exiles
- Cascais - summer Royalty
- Sintra – one of Europes prettiest towns
- Obidos – flowered city of Portugal
- Nazaré, authentic working fishing village
- UNESCO monastery in Batalha,
- Coimbra – Oldest university in Europe
- Porto - UNESCO World Heritage City tour
- Santiago de Compostela UNESCO World
- UNESCO’s Guimarães and the Sacred Way
- Braga – oldest Cathedral and Bom Jesus
- Wooden Balconies of Amarante
- Quinta da Aveleda tour and dinner
- Lamego - Sanctuary of Our Lady and its staircase of 686 beautifully decorated stairs
- Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo - 12th Parish of Portugal
- Salamanca – UNESCO World Heritage site and one of Spain’s most beautiful cities with Flamenco performance with lunch
- Ritual of the fall harvest, Douro Style Quinta da Avessada lunch
- Onboard Lectures and culinary demonstrations
Necessities - Know your total journey cost, before you leave home!
- All taxes incl GST, PST, HST, VAT
- Private car home pick up & return service
- All Gratuities on all included items; all ships
staff, Jerry Van Dyke Journey Managers, local sightseeing guides, coach drivers, porters, attraction guides, waiters
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- All Port and service charges
- Services of a professional Journey Manager throughout the journey
- Services of local or National guides in each city
- Deluxe overnight carry-on bag or backpack
- Porterage for one piece of baggage
- Full pre-trip information and assistance
- All sightseeing as listed
- Wine/beer/soft drinks included with meals onboard Spirit of Chartwell
- Toronto to Lisbon/Porto to Toronto
- Guests from all over Canada join us on our unique journeys. Contact our office for additional air gateways
- Altis Avenida, Lisbon, 2 nights
Hotel Altis Avenida is a boutique hotel, with an extraordinary location in the city centre on the Praça dos Restauradores. The architecture and decoration is inspired by the portuguese '40s and revolves around the concept of retro urban chic, where past and future meld in a unique atmosphere of charm and glamour.
- Quinta las Lagrimas, Coimbra, 1 night
Quinta das Lagrimas Hotel is set in an XVIIIth century palace surrounded by a magnificent garden. This palace has once accommodated the duke of Wellington and the king Miguel of Portugal; its garden was the stage for the love affair of Prince Pedro and Ines de Castro in the XIVth century. Quinta das Lagrimas is today a beautiful hotel decorated in traditional Portuguese style providing guests comfort and relaxation. It is conveniently located in the heart of the historic town.
- Hotel Infante Sagres, Porto, 1 night
Infante Sagres is Porto’s leading boutique hotel, a true icon of sophisticated design and intimate atmosphere located in the city’s historical district. It lies only meters away from City Hall, the UNESCO World Heritage area and the art district. Situated in a 1950’s building that perfectly blends a Neo-Baroque atmosphere with an extraordinary contemporary style décor, Infante Sagres is truly a one of a kind landmark hotel where guests experience peerless personal service and the intimacy of a private residence.
- AC Palacio del Carmen, Santiago de
Compostela, 2 nights
Hotel AC Palacio del Carmen offers 75 rooms in an emblematic and splendid building, the old Oblatas Convent was recently renovated and its original architectural and artistic style maintained. It is located in the historical centre of monumental Compostela, very near to the Plaza del Obradoiro, and provides all the services of a luxury establishment, exquisitely restored in an unrivalled setting.
- Spirit of Chartwell River Boat, 7 nights
The Spirit of Chartwell was chosen, out of hundreds of applicants, by the British Royal Family to be the Royal barge during the celebrations of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee. The ship's rich interiors, reminiscent of the fabled Orient Express, and it's unique and distinctive design, testify to why it was selected for this highest occasion.
With 14 double cabins and one royal suite, the Spirit of Chartwell feels more like a private club, where guests can enjoy one another’s company in a relaxed and luxurious atmosphere. Every detail of the ship was thought of to enhance this elegant and comfortable setting, where guests can both feel at home, as well as in a royal social club.
Aboard the Spirit of Chartwell, passengers enjoy friendly and professional service provided by a well-trained staff that will cater to guests' every need. A cruise on the Spirit of Chartwell represents a higher level regarding river cruises. Here guests can enjoy a luxurious and personalized service with the certainty that all requirements of space and comfort are guaranteed.